Before embarking on your fitness/sporting journey, you need to set SMART goals:
SPECIFIC – MEASURABLE – ACHIEVABLE – REALISTIC – TIMED
- SPECIFIC: What is your goal? Are you going to beat your time trial?
- MEASURABLE: How will you measure your goal? Scales, % body fat, measurements, how far you can run etc.
- ACHIEVABLE: Is your goal achievable? Remember: Gaining 5lbs of lean muscle or losing 6lb of fat every week is not achievable.
- REALISTIC: Is your goal realistic?
- TIMED What can you realistically achieve in the time you have?
Now that you’ve set yourself some goals, it’s time to get started. Sometimes it helps to display your goal somewhere you’ll see it every day, such as on a bathroom mirror or on the fridge.
The following tracking diary will help support your efforts. Simply keep it up to date, and at the end of each week, take a moment to reflect on how you’ve done.
Simply record the following each day:
- What you eat – be as precise as you can
- What you drink – particularly how much water
- What exercise you do And most important of all, how you’re feeling (this could be simply one word)
- Also include your weight and weight lost (or gained) as well as your chest, waist, hips, arms and thigh size!