Before embarking on your fitness/sporting journey, you need to set SMART goals:
SPECIFIC – MEASURABLE – ACHIEVABLE – REALISTIC – TIMED
- SPECIFIC: What is your goal? Are you going to beat your time trial?
- MEASURABLE: How will you measure your goal? Scales, % body fat, measurements, how far you can run etc.
- ACHIEVABLE: Is your goal achievable? Remember: Gaining 5lbs of lean muscle or losing 6lb of fat every week is not achievable.
- REALISTIC: Is your goal realistic?
- TIMED What can you realistically achieve in the time you have?
- Now that you’ve set yourself some goals, it’s time to get started. Sometimes it helps to display your goal somewhere you’ll see it every day, such as on a bathroom mirror or on the fridge.
The following tracking diary will help support your efforts. Simply keep it up to date, and at the end of each week, take a moment to reflect on how you’ve done.
Simply record the following each day:
- What you eat – be as precise as you can
- What you drink – particularly how much water
- What exercise you do And most important of all, how you’re feeling (this could be simply one word)
- Also include your weight and weight lost (or gained) as well as your chest, waist, hips, arms and thigh size!