Muc-Off was founded in 1994 and are now the leading supplier of specialist cycling cleaning and maintenance products in the UK. Following 5 years of explosive growth the company is expanding fast into the European, Asian and North American markets focusing on its core categories of cycling, motorcycle and Athlete performance products.
This is a great time to be part of this rapidly growing, truly innovative British business as we embark on new territories and sectors, whilst growing our brand presence across core bicycle and motorbike markets. In what is a truly results-driven culture; the rewards and career development opportunities are second to none.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accessories and Equipment Designer to join our Product Design Team.
A candidate who will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment for a brand that is growing fast, so should be prepared and be comfortable to react quickly to change.
- Working closely with the Head of Product Design to help design and develop new bicycle and motorcycle accessories and equipment to fit into a growing product portfolio.
- You will be responsible for generating new ideas and designing new soft goods accessories including cases, packs, bags and other on/off bike accessories and equipment.
- Testing new designs using models, prototypes, 3D Printing or physical hands-on testing of models
- Manage multiple NPD projects and taking the design from concept through into production.
- Maintaining an awareness of current design trends and influences from other industries
- Creating specifications and detailed tech packs for sign off and to send out to suppliers.
- The ability to communicate effectively with factories and key suppliers.
- Have a good knowledge of fabrics and fitting development.
- Sourcing new fabrics and keeping an awareness of new innovations.
- Ensuring all new products meet technical, price and production parameters.
- Conducting product and market research as required
- Educated in a relevant degree discipline
- Have at least 1-2 years’ experience in multi-product design across soft goods and accessories/equipment.
- A good eye for detail
- Passion for innovation and development
- Well-developed technical and creative skills
- Strong IT Skills Including Adobe Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator and CAD software
- Adapt quickly to the fast paced, multi-product environment
- Liaise with other departments and work well in a team
- Have an interest and knowledge of the cycling and/or motorcycle industry
- A passion for cycling and other extreme sports
- A positive and friendly manner
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK bank holidays
- Early finish on a Friday
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- On-site fitness classes
- Headspace – full access to the meditation app
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- Pension contributions
- Training and personal development
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
- Brilliant social events
How to apply
To apply for the role, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com.