Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To design and develop new apparel, including Technical Apparel, Casual wear, undergarments and accessories designed for the cycling market.
- Generate new ideas, prototypes, patterns and producing detailed tech packs
- You will work closely with our designers and factories, taking products from initial concept through to fit sessions, sampling and preparing products for production.
- Source fabrics and trims, strike-offs and lab dips and communicate all product details effectively with factories.
- Manage and store samples throughout the sampling process
- Manage multiple projects
- Maintaining an awareness of current design trends and influences from other industries
- The ability to communicate effectively with factories and key suppliers
- Ensuring all new apparel products meet technical, price and production parameters
- Conducting product and market research as required
- Educated in a relevant degree discipline such as Apparel/fashion design
- A good eye for detail
- Well developed technical and creative skills
- Strong IT Skills Including Adobe Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator
- It is essential that you have had experience of working in such a role and understand the product development and production process, as well as have a good knowledge of technical fabrics and performance leisurewear.
- Knowledge and interest in sustainable product development would be also be beneficial
- Adapt quickly to the fast paced, multi-product environment
- Have an interest and knowledge of the cycling and/or motorcycle industry
- A passion for cycling and other extreme sports
- A passion for fashion and apparel design
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK bank holidays
- Early finish on a Fridays
- Fresh fruit and biscuits each day
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- Pension contributions
- Training and personal development
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual, energetic and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
- On-site fitness classes
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- Brilliant social events
This job description is not exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the company. We withhold the right to change the job specification at any time.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Due to the high number of applications received for this position, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants who have been unsuccessful. This vacancy will be removed as soon as it has been filled.