A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Athlete and Events Executive to join one of the UK’s fastest growing extreme sports company’s. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing assistance and support on a full-time basis to the Athlete and Events Manager and the wider marketing team at Muc-Off’s head office in Poole, Dorset
As a key team member of the marketing team, the successful candidate will:
- Assist the Events Manager with all aspects of Muc-Off presence at major trade and public events globally including planning and execution.
- Proactively research and build a calendar of relevant and key events to support current business strategies from grass roots up to a global level.
- Assist in the production of event promotion collateral where required and contribute towards marketing strategies and promotions on all events.
- Work closely with the wider business to ensure event delivery is aligned with Sales, PR and marketing strategies.
- Drive event delivery by working closely with event organisers, suppliers and contractors to ensure all events are delivered on time and to the best possible standards.
- Be flexible regarding travel, location and hours of work in order to fulfil the needs of the role
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills coupled with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Assist the athlete Manager by progressing and developing the Muc-Off Ambassador program, whilst contributing to the effective marketing of Muc-Off’s product range and lifestyle.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A degree or similar level qualification in events management.
- Knowledge of event planning and delivery.
- Proven results in events planning and execution preferably within a sport, or outdoor environment.
- Problem solver who can remain calm under pressure.
- Confidence to contribute to the effective delivery of all events and to suggest improvements
- A full UK driver’s license and valid passport.
- Knowledge of the cycling and/or motorcycle industry.
- A passion for cycling and/or motorcycling to join the already obsessive team that collectively share the love for all things 2 wheels!
- Experience of driving larger vehicles.
What can we offer?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday and UK Bank holidays
- Early finishes on Fridays
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- Free snacks
- Legendary social events including summer and Christmas parties.