About the role
As the business continues to grow at a fast pace there is now a need for an experienced Digital Merchandising Manager who will report into the Head of eCommerce at our Head Office in Poole, Dorset.
The Digital Merchandising Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a merchandising content strategy for Muc-Off websites globally spanning multiple categories, languages and regions. This is a hands-on role where you won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty editing copy, building pages, optimising search and managing new product launches as we grow our eCommece ambitions across the world. This is a leadership role within our eCom department which will ultimately recruit and shape a global merchandising team over the next few years
- To establish an online content strategy across our various creative and marketing teams ensuring product merchandising is consistent, targeted and optimised for all user demographics – working very closely with powersports and bicycle marketing teams
- To manage product photography through our group of websites maximising load times and user experience working very closely with our in-house photographer
- To brief and integrate product video on-site ensuring optimum placement through the user journey working very closely with out content team
- To Work closely with NPI / NPD teams ensuring new product launches are as efficient as possible creating new processes where necessary
- Identify and develop opportunities for sales growth including range development, bestsellers, and collection performance
- Work closely with our Ops teams to help manage and prioritise stock for eCommerce trading, including forecasting
- To manage our website content day to day including blogs, how-to centres, products, collections and homepage promotions
- To assist customer service teams to day day website management, updates, and troubleshooting
- Working closely with our Digital Marketing Manager and Head of eCom you will deliver a programme of CRO including funnel analysis and an A/B testing road map
- Help introduce tools and apps to better manage optimisation activity such as on-site search, experiments and SEO.
- Launch an on-site SEO plan – including the creation of content hubs working closely with internal copywriters and creative teams
- Help launch and manage a new members only sections of the website including video, promotions and UGC where customers can earn rewards for engagement
- Support with the launch and upcoming maintenance of a subscription service across all our categories, working with agencies to help define the proposition and implementation
- Manage discounts, promotions and offers throughout the websites
What We’re looking for:
An experienced content / merchandising exec specifically using Shopify, you will be well versed in configuring and running a Shopify store from installing and running apps to managing Google shopping feeds and SEO.
Ideally a proven people leader but with a can-do attitude and not afraid to get dirty hands be it building new product pages, optimising landing pages or working with translations services to manage multiple-language stores.
eCom at Muc-Off is on a fast paced, full-on growth journey and this role will be well suited to an individual happy to contribute, bring their own ideas and expertise but above all roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Degree-level educated
- Digital Content Leadership experience managing multi-region ecommerce websites
- Experience in Shopify or very similar eCommerce platforms
- Expert merchandising experience from title, search and image best practice to internal cross linking and upsell strategy
- Expert On-Page SEO from Meta to content hubs and reviews
- People management experience and the ability to recruit and build a digital merchandising team
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the business
- Good knowledge of Google analytics
- Experience in content reporting including KPI measurement and CRO recommendations
- Experience running A/B merchandising experiments using Google experiments, VWO or similar,
- Experience of UX and CRO across global audiences and cultures
- Working knowledge of digital marketing including PPC, Affiliates, Email marketing and attribution
- Experience working on web migration projects, including mult-language
- Knowledge of the bicycle or powersports markets
- GA Tag management via GTM
- Experience of visual design
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK bank holidays
- Early finish on a Fridays
- Fresh fruit and biscuits each day
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- Pension contributions
- Training and personal development
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual, energetic and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
- On-site fitness classes
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- Brilliant social events
This job description is not exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the company. We withhold the right to change the job specification at any time.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Due to the high number of applications received for this position, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants who have been unsuccessful. This vacancy will be removed as soon as it has been filled.