MUC-OFF LTD - POOLE
Job Type: Full-Time
Muc-Off was founded in 1994 and are now the leading supplier of specialist cycling cleaning and maintenance products in the UK. Following 5 years of explosive growth the company is expanding fast into the European, Asian and North American markets focusing on its core categories of cycling, motorcycle and Athlete performance products.
This is a great time to be part of this rapidly growing, truly innovative British business as we embark on new territories and sectors, whilst growing our brand presence across core bicycle and motorbike markets. In what is a truly results-driven culture; the rewards and career development opportunities are second to none.
About the role
This role is within the Research and Development team working on current, new and future mechanical products to support the further growth of the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of engineering design activities from concept to production, mainly focusing on bicycle drivetrain components and accessories whilst providing support for other R&D activities. Concepts and models can be produced rapidly on in-house 3D printers, with prototypes tested on Muc-Off’s specialist testing equipment, by in-house Ex-professional riders and our network of Global Pro Teams, to show that your designs are world class.
This role will be ideal for a competitive, enthusiastic mechanical design engineer with drivetrain experience, a hands-on approach, experience of cycling technology and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Design & optimise bicycle drivetrain system components (chains, pulley wheels, bearings, sprockets, hubs, coatings)
- CAD & FEA for new components, jigging, tooling
- Development of efficient test plans
- Obtain and assemble prototypes
- Support sponsorship activities such as Tour de France and Olympics.
- Lead development cycle from concept through to full production
- Support Marketing team for bicycle drivetrain activities
- Support general R&D activities
What we’re looking for
- Valid driving licence
- Mechanical engineering degree or comparable expertise through experience
- Proven mechanical engineering competence in design and development with component/system level validation experience
- Detailed design and geometric tolerancing
- Experience of bicycle driveline development, design (sprockets/ bearings/chains) integration, test and validation
- Selection and Test of material coatings to improve wear and friction properties
- ‘Hands-on’ assembly, prototyping
- CAD and FEA competency
- Testing concepts and theory using software and mechanical equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to work independently, as part of a team and with the wider business.
- Interest in bicycles/cycling
- Interest in Research and Development
- 6-Sigma Green belt
- Knowledge of coatings (PTFE, Ceramics)
- Advanced Materials and Additive Manufacturing
- Experience in developing material coatings to improve wear and friction properties
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK bank holidays
- Early finish on a Friday
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- On-site fitness classes
- Headspace – full access to the meditation app
- Fresh fruit and biscuits each day
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- Pension contributions
- Training and personal development
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
- Brilliant social events
- Remote Working - Currently
How to apply
To apply for the role, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com.