We’re looking for an experienced electromechnical engineer to join our team at our Head Office in Poole, Dorset.
Capable of working on own initiative whilst maintaining engineering rigour. The ability to run tests, manage test data and to analyse/report results are a basic requirement.
Experience across multiple disciplines are very beneficial: electromechanical, tribology, electronics, Labview, data analysis, microscopy, but training can be given for the right candidate
Full time / 39 hrs
Monday - Thursday 0830 - 1730, and early finish at 1630 on Fridays
A dedicated 1 hour unpaid lunch break
AS A KEY TEAM MEMBER OF THE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT TEAM, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Undertake a wide variety of tests on bespoke Dynamometers and Tribolab
- Collate, manage and report on test data produced:
- Microsoft Excel - test data analysis and graphing
- Microsoft Word – Test data Reporting and Analysis Results
- Assists/undertake improvements in test data management
- Assist in lubricant development:
- Assist in selection of suitable Tribology test regime.
- Analyse results and report to stake holders on lubricant iterations
- Assist in the definition of new internal test specifications and the management and refinement of current test specifications
- Maintain and Assist in Dynamometer upgrades and design:
- Electromechanical (AC motors, hysteresis brakes, Stepper Motors etc)
- Force Transducers (Torque, Linear and Calibration etc)
- Assist in house maintenance /upgrades and new test development using Labview and National Instruments hardware
- Assist in low volume production when required and its quality management documentation
- Responsibility for scheduling and maintenance of Rapid Prototyping equipment:
- Ultimaker 5S
- Define Tribology testing on TriboLab. Full range of modules available allowing numerous ASTM/ISO standard Tribology tests.
- Understanding of Tribology and Lubrication
- Undertaking of tests and analysis of results using Bruker UMT software
- Management of tests result data
- Assist in the development of bespoke tribology tests and custom script creation
- The analysis and preparation of results of sample wear using White light Interferometry on Bruker Contour GT
- Understanding of Microscopy and WLI
- The preparation and analysis of wear and coatings samples
- Management of tests result data
- The creation and improvement of Labview Vi’s used on bespoke equipment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK bank holidays
- Early finish on a Fridays
- Fresh fruit and biscuits each day
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- Pension contributions
- Training and personal development
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual, energetic and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
- On-site fitness classes
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- Brilliant social events
This job description is not exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the company. We withhold the right to change the job specification at any time.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Due to the high number of applications received for this position, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants who have been unsuccessful. This vacancy will be removed as soon as it has been filled.