We’re looking for an Junior Mechanical Designer to join our team at our Head Office in Poole, Dorset.
They will be responsible for the design of Mechanical components while assisting in Test and Development of new products. Initially under the guidance of the Mechanical Design Manager you will assist in preparing new products for manufacture and bespoke dynamometer components. SolidWorks 3D CAD and 2D draughting skills essential. Ideally a keen cyclist with an eye for detail and hungry for career progression to undertake solo projects. PDM experience a distinct advantage
Full time / 39 hrs
Monday - Thursday 0830 - 1730, and early finish at 1630 on Fridays
A dedicated 1 hour unpaid lunch break
AS A KEY TEAM MEMBER OF THE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT TEAM, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Undertake a wide variety of mechanical design tasks using SolidWorks
- SolidWorks 3D Modelling
- Solid Works 2D draughting
- Solid Works Drawing Border customisation
- Familiarity with drawing standards such as BS8888
- Able to work and communicate in a team environment
- The ability to research, communicate and implement design ideas
- Suitable degree or apprenticeship
- Experience with SolidWorks PDM
- Advanced 2D Draughting Using SolidWorks
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK bank holidays
- Early finish on a Fridays
- Fresh fruit and biscuits each day
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- Pension contributions
- Training and personal development
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual, energetic and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
- On-site fitness classes
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- Brilliant social events
This job description is not exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the company. We withhold the right to change the job specification at any time.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Due to the high number of applications received for this position, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants who have been unsuccessful. This vacancy will be removed as soon as it has been filled.