MUC-OFF LTD - POOLE
Job Type: Full-Time
Muc-Off was founded in 1994 and are now the leading supplier of specialist cycling cleaning and maintenance products in the UK. Following 5 years of explosive growth the company is expanding fast into the European, Asian and North American markets focusing on its core categories of cycling, motorcycle and Athlete performance products.
This is a great time to be part of this rapidly growing, truly innovative British business as we embark on new territories and sectors, whilst growing our brand presence across core bicycle and powersports markets. In what is a truly results-driven culture; the rewards and career development opportunities are second to none.
About the role
As the business continues to grow at a fast pace there is now a need for a Powersports Editor who will support our global bicycle content team, at our Head Office in Poole, Dorset.
The Powersports Editor will be responsible for taking the footage from our Powersports Videographers / Photographers and bringing it to life! We work in an incredibly fast paced environment with time critical projects. Brilliant story telling will be key plus the ability to use after-effects and other software tools to enhance footage and create edits that are truly next level.
You will report to the Powersports Producer and Videographer, planning out projects from the initial brief. The role will also work closely with the graphics team, using brand guided assets and fonts, as well as making some of your own. From full length feature edits and Athlete interviews to the quick competitions and How To’s, the role with be vary varied on projects and suit an individual who thrives on pace, quality and variety.
- Bringing projects to life through great editing, to hit briefs in a timely manner
- Creating and gathering key assets for projects, including overlays and text USPs etc
- Conveying the right look and feel for the brand (Brand Identity)
- Sound integration on edits including music overlays and sound effects
- Planning / storyboarding your edits and time management on projects
- Working closely with the videographers to align on briefs and technical output
- Output footage to the relevant channels as well as our website
- Archive edits
- Resize footage for requests internally and with external distributors
- Work to tight deadlines without compromising quality of finished product
- See projects through from initial briefing stages to final export
- Work on multiple projects and be able to pivot between on priorities
- Website videos updated
- Keeping up to date with advances in editing
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an editor that has a real passion for storytelling, pulling from a strong back- ground in taking footage to the next level. The long form and short form pieces are approached with the same enthusiasm. Bringing up to date and forward-thinking techniques to the edits, to not only keep pace with current advances, but always looking for the next exciting element to bring into the edits.
Well versed in sound, manipulating tracks as well as implementing sound effects.
You will also be adept in colourising footage, as well as the animation of graphics. Experienced in Illustrator, with a good foundation of knowledge in graphics for digital.
Coming from a background in action sports would be beneficial but not vital, understanding the industry and some powersports knowledge would be desirable.
We’re looking for a team player who will always go the extra mile to get a project not just over the line but beyond!
- Highly experienced in the Adobe Creative suite, especially After Effects
- Background in sound design and manipulation
- Strong and proven background in the production of high-end edits to meet deadlines on time
- Used to working in a high paced environment
- Organised and detailed in approach to tasks and planning
- Positive, forward thinking
- Highly skilled in the animation of graphics
- High skill level of colourising footage
- 3-5 years experience in editing
- Passion for all things Powersports
- Evidence of working in a fast moving studio
- 3D Animation
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK bank holidays
- Early finish on a Friday
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- On-site fitness classes
- Headspace – full access to the meditation app
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- Pension contributions
- Training and personal development
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
- Brilliant social events
How to apply
To apply for the role, please email a copy of your CV and portfolio to email@example.com.