MUC-OFF LTD - POOLE
Job Type: Full-Time
Muc-Off was founded in 1994 and are now the leading supplier of specialist cycling cleaning and maintenance products in the UK. Following 5 years of explosive growth the company is expanding fast into the European, Asian and North American markets focusing on its core categories of cycling, motorcycle and Athlete performance products.
This is a great time to be part of this rapidly growing, truly innovative British business as we embark on new territories and sectors, whilst growing our brand presence across core bicycle and motorbike markets. In what is a truly results-driven culture; the rewards and career development opportunities are second to none.
About the role
To support the business in product compliance requests including blended fluid products.
- Remain updated with all global industry specific legislation. Advising the wider team of impending changes and requirements
- Work with Design members to implement artwork changes to confirm requirements in all markets
- Research and advise on risks and requirements of introducing products into global markets.
- Keep up to date with Classification, Labelling and Packaging requirements across the global market
- Work with Product Development members to ensure all products are fully compliant to be placed on intended markets and ensuring all documentation, testing and due diligence has been completed.
- Take ownership for the systematic filing, maintaining, editing and distribution of Safety Data Sheets and product technical
- Take responsibility for completing annual packaging waste declarations internally and as part of customer requests
- Establish and maintain a Restricted Substance List (RSL) to ensure all new products follow agreed company policy
- Establish processes for ensuring compliance of transporting dangerous goods globally
- Managing product environmental and chemical legislation; working with relevant teams to ensure issues are resolved and policies such as REACH are adhered to
- Keep up to date with developments on global issues and regulations and be able to provide impact assessments and compliance strategies for Muc-Off products. A key part of this will be to effectively communicate complex requirements to a non-technical audience
- Being the point of contact with global regulatory authorities
- Ensuring that products remain compliant with EU and global regulations (BPR, REACH, PCN, Detergents, CLP, GHS, FIFRA, TSCA, Prop65, CPNP, Dangerous goods etc.)
- Provide support to Export teams with customs and transportation requests.
- Manage specific environmental requests through online portals across multiple EU markets
- Support Customer Services with technical customer requests or concerns over products
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant subject or a related technical field with minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Must have experience and knowledge of blended fluid products and the regulatory requirements to bring to global markets
- The drive to thoroughly research areas of uncertainty to a high, informative standard
- Sound generalist compliance knowledge
- Confidence to advise department heads and present information to senior management
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK bank holidays (increase with Service)
- Early finish on a Fridays
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension contributions
- Long Service Rewards
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
- Brilliant social events
How to apply
To apply for the role, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.