MUC-OFF LTD - POOLE
Job Type: Full-Time
Muc-Off was founded in 1994 and are now the leading supplier of specialist cycling cleaning and maintenance products in the UK. Following 5 years of explosive growth the company is expanding fast into the European, Asian and North American markets focusing on its core categories of cycling, motorcycle and Athlete performance products.
This is a great time to be part of this rapidly growing, truly innovative British business as we embark on new territories and sectors, whilst growing our brand presence across core bicycle and motorbike markets. In what is a truly results-driven culture, the rewards and career development opportunities are second to none.
About the role
Support and deliver product compliance and quality assurance for internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Support and manage efficient processes and systems for testing and inspections for the team.
- Manage and maintain the technical file system for all products, in collaboration with the other members of the technical team.
- Create a compliance culture within the team that supports quick and accurate action and works on more efficient ways of delivering.
- Ensure the team provides daily support to internal departments in all areas of the technical process.
- Establish and maintain a network of working relationships with the technical community, including testing agencies, for yourself and the team.
Product Safety Compliance:
- Build expertise on worldwide safety & legal requirements for both packaging and products.
- Work closely with the Buying, Brand and NPI teams during early-stage development, to ensure product specifications can meet required safety standards.
- Advise on compliance labelling and packaging warnings and approve all final artwork from a technical perspective.
- Produce compliance templates in collaboration with the technical Manager.
- Collaborate with the buying & brand team to review and establish quality standards for Muc-Off Ltd products
- Review internal factory product inspections and flag any areas of concern to the relevant colleagues.
- Collaborate with internal teams to address any product defects and implement corrective actions plans with factories.
- Manage escalated customer complaints process ensuring that resolutions to the individual complaint are actioned and any required product improvements for the future are made.
What we’re looking for
- Experienced person operating as Product Technologist in retail / manufacturing or supplier facing role.
- Technical background in Chemicals, Hardlines & Apparel desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Team player that works well within a team but also has the get – go to manage themselves and deliver in a timely fashion.
- Excellent customer/supplier relationships.
- Solution-based decision maker.
- Goal oriented with ability to lead on projects and drive own results.
- Strategic thinker with proven performance in continuous improvement and achieving long-term targets.
- Resilient, commercial, and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Direct experience of global supply chain management and engagement.
- Methodical, well organised multi-tasker with pragmatic approach with the ability to plan workload to achieve deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, open and reliable, outstanding organisational skills.
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of UK bank holidays (increase with service)
- Early finish on a Fridays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service Rewards
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- Fresh fruit and biscuits each day
- Chill out areas, showers and a secure area to store your bike
- Pension contributions
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and widely recognised Brand
- A cool, casual and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness
How to apply
To apply for the role, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.