SOCIAL & COMMUNITY MARKETING MANAGER
MUC-OFF LTD - POOLE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25k-£29k subject to experience
Reports to: Global Marketing Director/CMO
Number of reports to this role: n/a
Muc-Off is the leading brand in cycle, motorcycle and athlete care. The business is in an exciting growth phase and has recently launched the Athlete Performance brand, taking Muc-Off into the personal care market. Our partnerships with some of the top global teams and athletes such as Team Sky, Danny MacAskill and Trek Factory Racing give us access to exclusive content across all cycling disciplines and beyond.
Muc-Off is now looking for an experienced Social & Community Marketing Manager to join the business and drive our already-successful social programmes to the next level.
Whether your interest is in cycling, motorcycling, cars, fitness or something else entirely, we are above all seeking an individual who is passionate about their sport or hobby and knows how to nurture and activate similar passion amongst a global brand community.
For the right person, this is an exciting opportunity to work with other talented and motivated marketers to transform an exciting, innovative, design-led British brand into a global brand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will require you to work in a fast-paced environment and hit the ground running, so some experience of operating social marketing and/or brand community programmes for a brand or organisation is essential.
The marketing team has seen some recent changes and is growing, with a new CMO having been recently appointed. The successful applicant will play an essential role in driving the marketing team to a new level of success.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop strategy, manage social ops/scheduling, plan and execute a content pipeline, report key metrics and above all have an affinity with our growing global community.
- Drive Muc-Off and Athlete Performance social strategy to deliver commercial objectives (ecommerce, brand growth, product education, new markets)
- Nurture, grow and manage the brand community, leveraging all available channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Strava, email, website and more.
- Curate and create a full calendar of social content, leveraging both assets provided by partners and producing brand assets that engage and activate our audiences
- Content creation will be managed via Muc-Off’s in-house design team who you will be briefing and will plan closely with; the ideal candidate will also possess a basic level of Photoshop/video editing/GIF creation/copywriting experience in order to be able to react quickly with appropriate content for the audience.
- Reporting and social metrics – create regular reports for the management team which demonstrate the performance of social, its contribution to the business and its progress versus targets
- Performance media – Working with the Marketing Director, identify opportunities to use targeted paid social to drive business objectives and execute.
- Definition, strategy and execution of community programmes e.g. Strava Muc-Off Cycling Club, community events, ride-outs
- A positive and proactive ‘can do’ attitude is the most essential attribute as Muc-Off is a working environment that highly values collaboration, teamwork and individual responsibility.
- At least several years’ experience of operating successfully in a professional marketing/comms team, with direct experience of operating the primary social platforms and developing a content strategy for them
- Excellent English language skills and ability to write/edit/review social copy
- Numeracy - you will be required to analyse social performance and statistics using a suite of tools and Excel.
- Ability to identify with and activate a passionate brand community, based on your own passion for your personal interests and hobbies.
- A solid marketing skillset and understanding of the role of social/earned media/influencers play in the wider marketing mix
- Content creation skills (Photoshop, video editing tools, copywriting etc)
- 3-5yrs of direct social platform and/or community platform management experience
- An established passion or participation in cycling, motorcycling, automotive, fitness or related action sports.
- Experience of defining marketing strategies based on business goals
- Experience of setting-up and managing a content production pipeline
- Experience of social CMS, scheduling, forum software and reporting tools; a basic understanding of the social SAAS landscape.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- A competitive salary
- 20 days holiday + UK bank holidays
- A fun, casual, energetic working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and fitness!
- On-site car parking
- Excellent staff discount on Muc-Off products
- Free fruit & biscuits every day
- Fun social events including a fantastic Xmas party
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.