Tubeless Rim Tape
The Muc-Off Tubeless Rim tape is made from their own proprietary performance material with a pressure-sensitive adhesive to provide just the right amount stretch whilst maintaining durability and strength needed to create a lasting airtight seal. Semi-transparent material makes locating the valve hole easy. Supplied with 4x Seal Patches. Available in a 10m and 50m workshop roll in 6 widths to suit most Road, CX, Gravel, MTB and Plus-sized rims.
Directions for use:
- Remove your tyre, sealant and old rim tape from the wheel.
- Fully clean rim with ‘Muc-Off Glue & Sealant Remover’.
- Make sure rim is free of any old tape residue and completely dry before applying fresh tape. (This is vital to ensure a good seal is achieved).
- Start taping on the opposite side of the rim to the valve hole.
- Push the end of the tape firmly down on the rim and pull it tight so there are no gaps or air underneath.
- Rotate the rim round whilst holding the tape tight and keeping as close to the centre as possible (using a wiggle technique from side to side will make the tape stretch and fill any gaps).
- Overlap the tape by 10-15cm then cut off then push down firmly.
- Check over the taped rim to ensure sure you haven’t got any gaps or air bubbles. If so, use your fingers or a rag to slowly push it out to the side or spoke hole.
- Apply finishing patch provided over the join for the perfect seal.
- Use a small pick and pierce a hole for the valve to be fitted through.
- Select the correct rubber fitment on your Muc-Off valves then push the valve into the rim and fit the o ring & lock ring.
- Refit tyre and inflate.
- Once inflated remove the valve core, add sealant through the valve, refit valve core and inflate.
- Shake wheel and rotate to coat the inside of the tyre with sealant and you’re ready to ride!