Muc-Off Glue & Sealant Remover helps to remove rim tape glue, sealant or tubular glue residue from inside rims (and many other surfaces).
It's your first step before applying Tubeless Rim Tape.
How do you use it?
Check out our video on how to use it:
Or if you'd rather read how to do it, check out our step by step guide below:
- Step 1: As with any new product, we always recommend testing Muc-Off Glue and Sealant Remover on an inconspicuous area of your bike before using it on the entire surface. This will ensure that it is safe to use on your bike and will not damage any materials.
- Step 2: Remove the tyre from the rim, making sure you remove any excess sealant inside, and set it aside.
- Step 3: Once the tyre has been removed, it's time to remove the old rim tape. You can use a pick or fingernail to get under the edge of the tape, peel it up to a point where there's enough purchase, and start peeling it away from the rim. Be sure to pull from the base and avoid stretching or ripping the tape.
- Step 4: Shake the can of Muc-Off Glue and Sealant Remover thoroughly before applying it to the rim. Apply a nice even coat until the rim is covered and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Step 5: After 10 minutes, use a clean microfibre cloth to agitate the glue and sealant and remove it from the rim. Regularly turn the cloth over and repeat the process for any stubborn areas.
- Step 6: Inspect the rim Inspect the rim and ensure that it is thoroughly clean and free of any residue.
- Step 7: Install fresh rim tape.