Step up your DIY game with a Muc-Off Upcycled Mudguard!
We made our Nano Tech Bike Cleaner bottles to last. After its first use, the rule of thumb is to stock up on Bike Cleaner Concentrate, re-fill and re-use until your heart’s content. But there comes a point where either the bottle’s re-fillable life has run its course, or you’ve just ended up with another newer bottle in your garage, and that’s ok!
Believe it or not, it’s not time to throw it away yet as there’s still use for your old Nano Tech Bike Cleaner bottle.
Introducing the Muc-Off Upcycled Mudguard
This simple and FREE upcycling project was a way for us to ensure every bottle is used to its maximum lifespan potential, all the while delivering valuable use to the rider throughout. To download the Muc-Off Mudguard Template, click the button below the video.
For this project, you’ll need:
- Cutting Mat (or a smooth surface you can slice on)
- Hole Puncher
- Cable Ties
From there, the steps are as follows:
- Print your template on an A4 sheet and cut the Mudguard template out.
- Using a scalpel, slice your bottle of Nano Tech Bike Cleaner open at the shoulder and heel of the bottle (if you’re unsure, place your template on the bottle to ensure you have enough height).
- Cut your bottle lengthways exactly opposite the Muc-Off logo (for best logo placement) with scissors.
- Flatten the remainder of your Nano Tech Bike Cleaner bottle (inside facing down) by taping it to a cutting mat, then place the template on top and slice around it with the scalpel.
- With a hole puncher, cut holes using to the template and install on your bike using cable ties.
Voila! You now have yourself a free mudguard which will help keep muck off your face and limit grime build up on your down tube too. Not only that, but your upcycling efforts have also helped protect the environment in the process too. Enjoy!