Firstly, why clean a bike?
Simply put, a clean bike rides better and lasts longer. By cleaning your bike regularly, you'll reduce the likelihood of mechanicals and needing to buy replacement parts - saving you money in the long run!
A clean bike is a fast bike! To get the most out of any bike, it needs to be clean. Keeping the muck and grime at bay will make your bike more efficient and therefore faster. Check out our bike cleaning products here.
Why protect a bike?
Applying protection regularly to your trusted steed will help to create a protective layer, keeping that dreaded rust and corrosion at bay. It'll also help to repel dirt and stop grime build up – meaning more riding and less cleaning!
Get that factory fresh look! Our Protection range will also help to remove imperfections and minor scratches on both your frame and componentry. Check out our bike protection products here.
Why lube a bike?
A well-lubed chain will help to increase the precision of your gear shifting, helping to engage the gear you want when you need it. It'll also help to reduce friction, meaning less of your effort is wasted through mechanical inefficiency.
Keep rust and corrosion at bay. Bike lube helps to create protective layer on your bike's drivetrain, preventing rust and corrosion from forming. Check out our bike lube products here.
Okay, that's enough of the why, now the how!
What you'll need
- Nano Tech Bike Cleaner
- Bio Chain Cleaner
- Disc Brake Cleaner
- Dry or Wet Weather Lube
- Soft Washing Brush
- Microfibre Cloth
- Pressure Washer (or a hosepipe / bucket of water!)
How to Clean, Protect & Lube your bike
- STEP 1: Spray Bio Chain Cleaner onto chain and cassette
- STEP 2: Pre-rinse your bike
- STEP 3: Completely coats the bike with Nano Tech Bike Cleaner. Make sure the bike is out of direct sunlight.
- STEP 4: Agitate extra grimey areas with a Soft Wash Brush
- STEP 5: Wait 3-5 minutes for the Bike Cleaner to work its magic
- STEP 6: Rinse the whole bike off being careful not to damage delicate areas, such as bearings.
- STEP 7: Clean your disc brakes, pads and wipe away any excess residue.
- STEP 1: Apply Disc Brake Covers (if applicable) to stop excess residue getting on your braking surfaces
- STEP 2: Spray MO-94 over your cassette, chain and frame to drive out moisture
- STEP 3: Wipe off any excess residue
- STEP 1: Rotate pedals backwards and apply your chosen lube (wet or dry) to each link.
- STEP 2: Wipe away any excess lube
- STEP 3: Wait 15 minutes before riding! Leave overnight for the best results.