Why Clean A Gravel Bike?
Simply put, a clean bike rides more efficiently, lasting longer. By cleaning your gravel or cyclo-cross (CX) bike regularly, you'll reduce the likelihood of mechanical failure and needing to buy replacement parts - saving you money in the long run!
A clean bike is a fast bike! By removing any mud, gravel or grime from your frame and drivetrain, you can get your bike back to riding your bike back to the way the manufacturer designed it - lightning fast!
- Nano Tech Bike Cleaner
- Bio Chain Cleaner
- Disc Brake Cleaner
- Disc Brake Covers
- Bike Protect
- Dry or Wet Weather Lube
- Soft Washing Brush
- Claw Brush
- Microfibre Cloth
- Pressure Washer (or a hosepipe / bucket of water!)
- STEP 1: Pre-rinse your bike to remove any loose mud, grit and grime. For this you can use a hose pipe or a Muc-Off Pressure Washer.
- STEP 2: Completely coat the bike with Nano Tech Bike Cleaner. Leave to soak in for a few minutes to work its magic. Make sure the bike is out of direct sunlight.
- STEP 3: Spray Bio Chain Cleaner or Bio Drivetrain Cleaner onto the chain and cassette.
- STEP 4: Agitate extra grimey areas with a Soft Wash Brush, and use the Claw Brush and Detailing Brush to get extra stubborn mud off the drivetrain.
- STEP 5: Wait 3-5 minutes for the Bike Cleaner to work its magic.
- STEP 6: Rinse the whole bike off being careful not to damage delicate areas, such as bearings.
- STEP 7: Clean your disc brakes and pads using Disc Brake Cleaner, wiping away any excess residue with a clean and dry microfibre cloth.
- STEP 1: Apply Disc Brake Covers (if applicable) to stop excess residue getting on your braking surfaces.
- STEP 2: Spray MO-94 over your cassette, chain and frame to drive out moisture.
- Step 3: Apply Silicon Shine to the frame. Why? Because it's designed to repel mud sticking to the frame, keeping your bike light. Ideal for muddy conditions on gravel and cyclo-cross rides.
- STEP 3: Wipe off any excess residue.
- STEP 1: Rotate pedals backwards and apply your chosen lube, making sure each chain link gets coverage. We recommend either Hydrodynamic Lube or Wet Weather Lube for especially muddy conditions.
- STEP 2: Wipe away any excess lube.
- STEP 3: Wait 15 minutes before riding! Leave overnight for the best results.